Coopers Community

I think I made a Big Mistake. I wont leave again Coopers

Matty A

My big mistake started with a small chat to another homebrewer that lives down the road from where I do. We started talking and his favourite beer is similar to mine (Best Extra Stout) and he said that he had a recipe that made an unbelievable stout.

Since I love this stout I decided to take his recipe and brew it, now for the mistake. I decided to even use this other brand of stout as per the recipe and brewed it up. I even got this fella to try the stout and he was saying it tasted great so far out of the fermenter (I thought it tasted like cat piss).

He then gave me one that he brewed a couple of months ago and it wasn't a great deal better, so I gave him a bottle of my toucan stout (brewed a little over a month ago) and he was saying it was one of the best homebrew stouts he had tasted. This made me feel pretty good but then he was drinking cat piss before.

I gave him the recipe and have now recruited another brewer for Coopers. Also as for that unknown beer it has been bottled and will live in the back of the cupboard until I am game enough to try it again (or a friend wants it [ninja] ).

This made me feel pretty good but then he was drinking cat piss before.

[lol] [biggrin] [lol]

Sometimes you have to stray to appreciate what you have at home [ninja]

I tell you what, I muchly appreciate the beers I produce now. Just ran into him at Big W picking up several cans of stout and dark ale. [lol]

Archived