Coopers Community

Assistance Required in how to use Extract Beer Designer Spreadsheet

Hi all, first time poster but been doing lots of reading. I have only just got into Homebrew. Have only made a Coopers Lager and a Canadian Blonde and a Cider so far. I found the Beer Designer spreadsheet in a forum and thought you beauty this will allow me to add remove adjuncts etc and give me an overall reference of how a recipe may come out.  It comes up with a warning that I do not have any Canadian Blonde, or LME, etc and the Dot on the graph does not move from its original location once you select Specialty Beer. 

I cant seem to get it to operate and was wondering if anyone has any instructions for it. I will only be playing with Kits and additives at this stage. much appreciated if anyone can assist?

Doc2.docx

I am making some headway. I found i needed to add to my inventory to allow me to use products. I suspect you have to set the range of readings you are trying to achieve and they will change to red or green if in or out of range. I sort of thought the OG and FG may self populate based on ingredients, but am thinking maybe they need data entered? I will get there.

• Like 1

I am making some headway. I found i needed to add to my inventory to allow me to use products. I suspect you have to set the range of readings you are trying to achieve and they will change to red or green if in or out of range. I sort of thought the OG and FG may self populate based on ingredients, but am thinking maybe they need data entered? I will get there.

• Like 1

Ok Team I suspect I have it sorted. Thx Dave for assistance. Really will prove useful, and was able to cross check my first 2 brews and sure enough the better brew was in the balanced area and the 1 we suspected as a bit malty was showing just that. OG and SG within a bees dick of what I measured. Thx

• Like 3