Coopers Community

Dumped a Batch for the First Time

Trusty1

Like I said in another thread, i am just about ready to give up on the kegs. I dumped what was a perfectly good batch of Coopers Draught tonight. NOT HAPPY JAN! It was transfered to the keg in November with much anticipation. That anticipation has been replaced with another emotion![crying]

I did make some errors with the process, i.e. putting the normal bottling rate of sugar in on my first attempt at natural carbonation, but my setup just can't be right. I force carbed a canadian blonde and get bloody ice cream! I know the kiwis love their ice cream, but the canucks? I am in the process of degassing and will attempt another force carb and hope to the lord above that it bloody well works. If not...

I would off load the lot, but the system was given to me by the in-laws! It's absence would be conspicuous! ~ Sorry fellas.

Fridge temp is 2C, beer line length is 2.4m and is 6mm id. I have been planning to extend the line, I saw another post from you Paul about the restriction required. I have emptied 2 kegs which were good with the same set up, though.

It just seems too hit and miss. I'll try another natural carbonation at 4gms/litre, which from what I have seen is 1/3 cup of white sugar (but I'll weigh it out!). I have a coopers black[kissing] in the tub ready to go!

Wish me luck!

Archived