Coopers Community

Qatari World Cup Beer Ban

Malter White

With only days left before the first games of the football World Cup kick off, the autocratic Qatari government has banned the sale of beer to the general public at games. To us in western societies this may seem unfair but in fairness the the Qatari government they've probably done the drinking public a favour - Budweiser owns the exclusive pouring rights. Yeah. nah, think I'll just have a water, thanks.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Malter White said:

With only days left before the first games of the football World Cup kick off, the autocratic Qatari government has banned the sale of beer to the general public at games. To us in western societies this may seem unfair but in fairness the the Qatari government they've probably done the drinking public a favour - Budweiser owns the exclusive pouring rights. Yeah. nah, think I'll just have a water, thanks.

As sad as it is it might be, better not to serve alcohol with resent crowd behavior during Europa and Champions League matches. I'ld rather have some cold ones in front of the big screen Tv and watch a live World Cup in our back yard next year (the girls)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

As sad as it is it might be, better not to serve alcohol with resent crowd behavior during Europa and Champions League matches. I'ld rather have some cold ones in front of the big screen Tv and watch a live World Cup in our back yard next year (the girls)

I can't work out the mentality of some of these people, BF. Forking out probably hundreds of dollars for tickets just so they can fight. Obviously more dollars than sense.

• Haha 3