Coopers Community

Ingredient suppliers

stevo1957

Noting that the Coopers Online store doesn't always stock all the required ingredients for recipes, what other online suppliers are recommended?

Obviously would like to find a one-stop shop with reasonable pricing and postage options, so that multiple orders to different suppliers to make up the ingredient list aren't required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevo1957 said:

Noting that the Coopers Online store doesn't always stock all the required ingredients for recipes, what other online suppliers are recommended?

Obviously would like to find a one-stop shop with reasonable pricing and postage options, so that multiple orders to different suppliers to make up the ingredient list aren't required.

@stevo1957 Knowing your location would help but I would suggest the following;

www.kegland.com.au

www.aussiehomebrewer.com

www.auusiehomebrewing.com.au

www.cheekypeakbrewer.com.au

There are many others so just do a Google search in your area.

• Like 4

Hey @stevo1957... welcome to the "Rabbit Hole" ,as to how I was introduced many moons ago.

Country Brewer in Richmond not stocked? or you particularly after Coopers brand?

Whilst Coopers are the benchmark & original innovators of quality home brewing (unsolicited free plug there fella's) I found the generic stuff just as capable & the face to face advice most helpful. They aren't a rock bottom price operation but I think they run a loyalty program.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JoeB7 said:

Hey @stevo1957... welcome to the "Rabbit Hole" ,as to how I was introduced many moons ago.

Country Brewer in Richmond not stocked? or you particularly after Coopers brand?

Whilst Coopers are the benchmark & original innovators of quality home brewing (unsolicited free plug there fella's) I found the generic stuff just as capable & the face to face advice most helpful. They aren't a rock bottom price operation but I think they run a loyalty program.

Thanks @JoeB7, I'll check them out. 

I was looking for the small 1.3 kg Mr Beer extracts given I have the craft beer kit but I could use any size and scale accordingly as an option.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stevo1957 said:

Thanks @JoeB7, I'll check them out. 

I was looking for the small 1.3 kg Mr Beer extracts given I have the craft beer kit but I could use any size and scale accordingly as an option.

I use a 1.7 regular can in the Craft Fermenter at times & make it to 11 litres, you can then just brew it but I always add 300-500 extra LDM or you could use a 1/2 box of BE2 if you wanted.

It just gives the brew more body & aids head retention & of course the ABV would be higher.

• Like 2