Coopers Community

malt shovel fermenter

benken25

this weekend i picked up 2 malt shovel 12L fermenters and a 25L for $5 at a garage sale [happy]

it got me thinking about brewing small batches how much malt would i need to brew 11L i was thinking 1kg ldme some hops and maybe some grains as well i would love to know peoples thoughts and if anyone has tried something similar thanks[biggrin]

I haven't done any mini brews but it is often on my mind.

it may be of interest that Coopers has done smaller sized fermentors and kits for the Japanese market in the past. I would love to get my hands on one.

This is an exerpt from a Coopers Club 2003 newletter:

newsdec035.jpg

Hi, ive done many 11 litre brews mostly i just use one can and add hops. All have come out fine. In the link below there is a small pouring video of a 12 litre batch. This was a cascade lager, its good when you want to trial a new brew.

Ive just been brewing a mexican coopers corona, i added 300gms of a newcastle brown ale malt and the juice of 2 limes and some zest plus about 10gms of pride of ringwood hops.

Small batches are good although if its a nice brew the beer runs out fast.

PS this this is brewed in a 15 litre fermentor

I had never thought of using a whole can i am thinking about using 1kg dark malt 500g light dry malt and some galaxy hops and fill to 11L maybe it will be something like white rabbit dark ale will be a good experement i think [cool]

Archived