Coopers Community

why called Crow eaters?

jamiek86

hello all you SA people is your nickname for Adelaide really Crow eaters like classic says? asking because sitting watching the game and hope Crows win as I have a strong passion to hate Port power. I hated them before found out that idiot Koshie was president now its set in stone.

1 hour ago, jamiek86 said:

hello all you SA people is your nickname for Adelaide really Crow eaters like classic says? asking because sitting watching the game and hope Crows win as I have a strong passion to hate Port power. I hated them before found out that idiot Koshie was president now its set in stone.

Early settlers in South Australia were alleged to have eaten the breast meat of crows, parrots and cockatoos when there was a shortage of red meat. The term croweater entered the lexicon in the late 1800s.

Lived in Adelaide my whole life but been a Cats supporter before the Crows existed. Good showdown so far. 

yes port just got upperhand am.fuming would be nice see them beat but yes nice close all game. BTW thanks info I'm bit ignorant to SA ways but without covid I was supposed to go on big holiday there last year

Edited by jamiek86

10 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

yes port just got upperhand am.fuming would be nice see them beat but yes nice close all game. BTW thanks info I'm bit ignorant to SA ways but without covid I was supposed to go on big holiday there last year

Always been the source of jokes with Sydney, Melbourne etc. No joke now! No lockdown. Best Wine, food and craft beer in Australia and people can still afford to buy a house. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

Always been the source of jokes with Sydney, Melbourne etc. No joke now! No lockdown. Best Wine, food and craft beer in Australia and people can still afford to buy a house. 

For Me anything beyond what we call our beer glass size was never a joke. I'm Tasmanian who lived in Vic for 8 years and now country nsw for over 10 years. I heard it all 2 head a south Australian who can swim etc. The sooner we all get our head out of backside and realise that we one country and we need each other we might get somewhere. What gets me is shut a state border to people then when it looks good again say we need your tourism. plenty happy enough to throw them out again just as quick if something has happened where they from.

it won't be long again SA will have something happen or if keep shutting ppl off no one will go there may as well be East Berlin or was it West? lol

Edited by jamiek86

13 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

For Me anything beyond what we call our beer glass size was never a joke. I'm Tasmanian who lived in Vic for 8 years and now country nsw for over 10 years. I heard it all 2 head a south Australian who can swim etc. The sooner we all get our head out of backside and realise that we one country and we need each other we might get somewhere. What gets me is shut a state border to people then when it looks good again say we need your tourism. plenty happy enough to throw them out again just as quick if something has happened where they from.

it won't be long again SA will have something happen or if keep shutting ppl off no one will go there may as well be East Berlin or was it West? lol

Yep agree you're in regional NSW so prob in a good spot with the shit going on. Don't wanna get into politics but our state gov will lock down at the drop of a hat. Stay where you are and enjoy. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Yep agree you're in regional NSW so prob in a good spot with the shit going on. Don't wanna get into politics but our state gov will lock down at the drop of a hat. Stay where you are and enjoy. 

we still cop it from both sides vic-nsw border work on 1 side live other ever since the start the big smokes having problems have forced us into silly stuff.