Coopers Community

Choc Hazlenut Stout - ROTM - OG and FG

Hi all

Has anyone brewed the Choc Hazlenut Stout recipe from June? I threw in into the fermenter about 5 days ago and according to my Tilt hydrometer it read 1.039 as the OG.  As of yesterday it had dropped down to 1.016 and today was the same. The brew has no krausen now and so I think maybe it has slowed right down or possibly stopped.

Running those figures through the ABV calculator comes out with an ABV of 3.02% which is very low considering the recipe indicates a final gravity of ~7.5%. It could well be that the Tilt gave me the wrong initial figure and for that I will never know as I didn't take a manual hydrometer reading.

Has anybody completed the recipe and can they provide their OG and FG figures for reference?

Cheers

8 hours ago, Frankie4Fingers said:

Hi all

Has anyone brewed the Choc Hazlenut Stout recipe from June? I threw in into the fermenter about 5 days ago and according to my Tilt hydrometer it read 1.039 as the OG.  As of yesterday it had dropped down to 1.016 and today was the same. The brew has no krausen now and so I think maybe it has slowed right down or possibly stopped.

Running those figures through the ABV calculator comes out with an ABV of 3.02% which is very low considering the recipe indicates a final gravity of ~7.5%. It could well be that the Tilt gave me the wrong initial figure and for that I will never know as I didn't take a manual hydrometer reading.

Has anybody completed the recipe and can they provide their OG and FG figures for reference?

Cheers

Hi @Frankie4Fingers, I have not brewed this one.  Your OG should have been around 1.060.  Predicted FG is around 1.015, so 1.016 is pretty close.  Should give you a beer in the mid 6%.  Not sure how they get to 7.5%

• Like 1

Hi. I brewed as per the recipe kit and got OG reading of 1055, and FG of 1012 after 7 days and bottled 4 days later when was still at 1012. I added the hazelnut syrup at day 3. Tried a bottle after nearly 3 weeks and it was amazing...good luck!

E3DF10BF-7F75-4BE5-936F-CA6040159904.jpeg

Edited by RDW
  • Like 1