Coopers Community

Bundaberg Bottles

Biermoasta

As I recall, they carry the words no-refill (or similar) so we do not recommend them for bottling your beer. Having said that, I haven't tested them out first hand and I don't really know what the wall thickness is or whether a normal crown seal will fit on the lip. [unsure]

I've used lots of different types of bottles over the years. From stubbies to long necks, and even old soy and fish sauce bottles (which are clear but actually work great). Without hesitation I would say don't use the Bundaburg GB stubbies - they break and they often break when you cap them which is dangerous and messy. The same for VB stubbies which are also pretty weak bottles. All of those squat neck bottles don't handle recapping and carbonation well - I'm not sure why but I have found it to be the case. The best you can get your hands on are Grolsch swing tops and/or Coopers long neck bottles, or similar heavy walled bottles - look on your local Gumtree as there are often people selling suitable types for reasonable prices.

Have used them before with out any problems,maybe lucky would not use them again.There are many other bottles that would be better,even XXXX stubbies but always have a good look at them sometimes have thin spots on the wall.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived