Coopers Community

Day 3 - Is this what it should look like

DaleB

Sweet I was worried for a bit.

All good, Lid was only off for about 30 secs, the only things that had me worried were the look on top, also there seems to be quite a bit of sediment in the bottom of the ferementer, Im guessing this is normal to?

Thanks again PB2

Haha

Not a chance, I love this forum and the help, was worried last night and thought it went all bad :)

I can guarantee Im here for a while, I went back to Big W today and bought another KIT :) worked out to be the best, aswell I got 30 more bottles, a Aus Pale Ale kit, and all it cost me was a promise to the mrs I would make the Alcoholic Ginger beer after the first 2 batches.

And it was all on sale, Win Win I call it

I didn't want the plastic bottles so I went and two a 30L food grade tub with a tap on it (looks very similar to the old fermenters) for $30. Only bad thing is that I don't have the collar and I have to deal with the crappy taps.

Oh well looks like it can be a bottling bucket and I will have to buy the new coopers one [biggrin]. Now to explain that to SWMBO!!!

[w00t] Two DIY Beer Kits in the space of a week, wow [w00t]

You possibly hold the Guinness World Record for personal possession of DIY Beer Kits [tongue]

Must admit, I find reading other brewing forums a rich source of entertainment, particularly when "conspiracy theories" abound and other wild misinformation is thrown out there. [smile] Not to mention too loudly, the spelling of self confessed experts in the language, one such expert who suggested he should proof read our newsletters prior to print - apparently, there's more than one way to spell "worrying"... [innocent]

Yeah was reading that about taking the collar off etc, but the way this new Fermenter is, it just leaves it to be a cleaner beer and fermenter during the process.

Yeah 2 kits now very happy with that, cannot wait to get the Aus Pale Ale happening, and then also to try the Ginger Beer for the Mrs, just want to see the best recipe, ( GB Can + 1KG Raw Sugar) or add a few more ingredients.

But yeah, I just love the simplicity off it, and the fact I can just look at it brewing and it doesnt look like a piece of garbage brewing it actually looks nice.

leave the wort for a week before pitching the yeast
Let me introduce you to my friend, "Funky" [alien]

There are exceptions, many people brew a wort (normally an all-grain or extract brew just off the boil) and drop it to a sanitised container then ferment it when convenient - this is a tried a true method for making beer.

In fact, this is how Coopers Brewery started into the "make beer at home" business - a bag of wort in a box. [biggrin]

Oliver

Archived