Coopers Community

QUICK! Help needed please! Can I keep wort in the fridge over the weekend...?

RDW

Urgent help needed please.

I was just about to brew up a stout (the Coopers Craft Laneway Latte recipe). I had recently bought a stash of the 1.3L tins and thought I had the required Bewitched Amber in the cupboard. I had boiled the chocolate malt grains (not yet added the lactose) but when I went to the cupboard....no Amber Ale tin! I used it the other week in another recipe. What a plonker!

Now my question is...If i keep the boiled wort in the fridge in sterilised container over the next 72hrs or so, will it be ok to add to the extract when I get it from the LHBS on Monday? Or should I just bin it and start afresh again...thanks in advance!

Edited by RDW

7 minutes ago, RDW said:

Urgent help needed please.

I was just about to brew up a stout (the Coopers Craft Laneway Latte recipe). I had recently bought a stash of the 1.3L tins and thought I had the required Bewitched Amber in the cupboard. I had boiled the chocolate malt grains (not yet added the lactose) but when I went to the cupboard....no Amber Ale tin! I used it the other week in another recipe. What a plonker!

Now my question is...If i keep the boiled wort in the fridge in sterilised container over the next 72hrs or so, will it be ok to add to the extract when I get it from the LHBS on Monday? Or should I just bin it and start afresh again...thanks in advance!

There shouldnt be no issue doing that at  all     many people   when all grain brewing when they have boiled the wort , they will  place in a  cube container to cool down or for when they are ready to ferment it..

so long as its in a sterile enviroment  you should be ok to  add the extract  when your ready

• Like 2

Just now, ozdevil said:

There shouldnt be no issue doing that at  all     many people   when all grain brewing when they have boiled the wort , they will  place in a  cube container to cool down or for when they are ready to ferment it..

so long as its in a sterile enviroment  you should be ok to  add the extract  when your ready

Thanks - just read in another forum that some use a growler and thought to myself oh yeah, I've got one I've not used in ages just laying around...much easier than trying to rummaging around in the tupperware cupboard trying to find one that's big enough, then find the matching lid!! Cheers @ozdevilpanic over!!

1 minute ago, RDW said:

Thanks - just read in another forum that some use a growler and thought to myself oh yeah, I've got one I've not used in ages just laying around...much easier than trying to rummaging around in the tupperware cupboard trying to find one that's big enough, then find the matching lid!! Cheers @ozdevilpanic over!!

yes a growler will work fine mate ,  glad the panic is over mate   

• Like 1