Coopers Community

Too Hot

Squishy

Guys

Living in north QLD has its upsides (I'm eating mudcrabs[love] [love] for lunch[biggrin] [biggrin] ) but it also has its down sides!! I can't seem to keep a brew under about 26 deg!!! Is there a yeast i could use that works better in warmer temps?? my LHBS is very willing to help but not very knowledgeable[roll]

Any help would be much appreciated

Hey squishy I am not as far north as you but in summer when I brew I try and keep the fv cool by wrapping a wet towel around it. Works like an evaporative cooler. Not that my wife approved but I also place in it the washing tub with a bit of water and float some frozen water bottles in it. [devil]

Hey I know what you mean living up at Rocky, I use a wet towel around the fermenter, and put a block of ice, made by using a 1 litre icecream container on the top. As the ice melts it sends down cold water through the towel. Works well, neeed to replace the ice twice daily. Cheers Riggsy

You can usually find a cheap fridge if you keep your eye out. I found mine for $100 and it was only a year old. Even if it is an electricity hungry old one it would barely use any electricity to keep you beers at ale brewing temps.

Quietly keep your eyes open for a cheap one and when you spot it try an get approval from the minister of finance.

Your welcome to come down and use my fridge if you bring some mud crabs.

Muddy

Thank you for your kind offer...... Minister for finace /recreational activities/ childcare/ abuse[lol] wouldn't think highly of the idea as i bought 3 yesterday and they cost $80!!! She was not impressed[roll] ............ I thing they are worth every cent[innocent] [innocent] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Archived