Coopers Community

Brew App Linux/Windows - Help?

Journeyman

I found what looks like a great app for Linux - Brewtarget. It comes up in the Software Manager, has lots of built-in data for grains, yeasts, hops etc. and you can easily create yoru own recipe and add it. It does inventory tracking based on what you use each time - looks great!

For an AG brewer. 😞 

Nothing in there for any of the K&K brewers and I can't see how to add the kits in. But any of you on AG and Linux, I'd suggest take a look.

I have a VM running on Linux with Windows - so I could use that for brew software. So if anyone has a good Windows or Linux home brew recommendation, let me know.

I have DL'd a couple of Android ones to the phone but the thought of sitting there and typing in an entire recipe is enough to put a pause on using it. But if I can't find anything else I might have to find what file type BrewTracker uses so I can maybe copy over a text file of the recipe then C&P the info into the app.

• 3 years later...

I've just stumbled upon your post from three years ago and couldn't resist chiming in to help with your brewing software quest.
While Brewtarget seems like a great app for Linux, I understand your disappointment regarding the lack of support for K&K brewers. But fear not! Over the years, new software options have emerged that cater to a wider range of brewing methods and operating systems.
Also, if you ever need Windows for brewing software or other tasks, you might want to consider checking out cheap Windows 10 keys. You can find info on Reddit about reliable sellers offering discounted keys. Just make sure to choose a reputable source for a safe and budget-friendly option.

Edited by pippakenzie