Coopers Community

Canadian Blonde

Luthien

G'day all,

I've just Bottled my Canadian Blonde, it says it need to sit for 12 weeks because of the yeast it uses. Do I need to wait this long? Normally it's only 2 week, if i do have to wait I won't be able to crack one open till Jan 2011 :(

I am drinking a Canadian Blonde at the moment...well not at this very moment but currently...I have been sampling it along the way and decided I wouldn't brew it again but I left it for a couple of months and now it is very nice....so I probably will brew it again but not worry about even sampling it for 3 months...I concur, "Be patient Grasshopper!"

I've just Bottled my Canadian Blonde' date=' it says it need to sit for 12 weeks because of the yeast it uses. [/quote']

G'day Luthien - I may be wrong but I thought the instructions only recommend leaving the European Lager for 12 weeks before sampling. If this is the case you'd be good to go from about 4 weeks (or 2 weeks if you're desperate). I've never made the Canadian Blonde to recipe so I can't really talk from direct experience.

As with most beers you will be rewarded by patience - but the thing is you will only know this by sampling early and noticing how they improve with time [rightful]

As Mr. Muddy would say

...and then I'd probably go off into a rant about airlocks [lol]

I'm about to buy a European lager kit (they are on offer at a local shop only \xa39) hopefully to drink at Christmas, which means it wont get 12 weeks in the bottle, only 8 or 9. Will this be a total disappointment or should I get one of the other lagers?

Personally I'd be making something else. In my experience the European Lager is a great beer but it really need at least 12 weeks in the bottle - usually more.

Of course others may disagree but they just may not have as discerning tastes as myself [biggrin]

If it is for Christmas I'd be going for a Pale Ale myself.

Archived