Coopers Community

coopers draught

brianc6

i put down a coopers draught last week the question i have for people who have done this one is why is my fg so low it's down to 1.002 thats almost water why is it so low have i messed up some where along the way

thanks ahead for the info fellow brewers

I also have done a coopers draught, I used white sugar and primed it with white sugar, Drinking after two weeks its pretty bitter anyone know why.

Also what will it be like if I use spray malt, the shop suggested it.

Basically I am trying to find a recipe for a pretty mild tasting beer. Help anyone.[happy]

sorry squish havn't had a chance to get near a com till now but sg was 1032 and used dextrose can't work out why so low mate, and i hope so kearnage got a canadian conditioning atm how long would you say to condition it for ???

1002 - 1004 is situation normal when using 1kg of dextrose.

Hey Paul,

I have had a similar problem to Brian and saw your comment about using 1kg of dextrose makes the specific gravity drop so low...

I mixed a 1.7kg can of coopers Pilsner with a 1.5kg can of liquid malt extract etc Is the dextrose the same as the liquid malt?? I started with OG 1052 and three days later have 1004. Is a drop in SG this large and quick normal? The fermenter is at about 22 degrees...

Thanks in advance [biggrin]

Hi Ollie - I'll jump in before Paul gives you a more intelligent response [biggrin]

The short answer is no. I would expect the liquid malt to have given you an FG closer to 1008-1010.

Other than Ginger Beers and Ciders I have never had anything finish under 1007. But then again I've never used just dextrose without the malt to balance it out.

EDIT: I just noticed your OG - It would have thought it mor likely about 10 points lower.

yeah not making that mistake of just dex again i will be using dme and dex or similar you only make that mistake once LOL but thanks heaps pb and muddy always expect the right answer with the wonderful people on here [biggrin]

and kearnage and squish lmfaoh

Archived