Coopers Community

Coopers Original series Stout

wilfw

Hi Andris, yes that's what I thought. Some Home brew shop coming up with a poor excuse for running out of a stock item.

I believe you're a member of the British forum in question so you've no doubt read the thread I'm referring to.

Bloody Hell, I almost had a heart attack reading that.

It makes a nice drinking stout just with the Be2, I have put on a batch of the Best Extra Stout recipie that calls for a can of dark malt and 500g of Dex.

Thick as vegemite to start, tested at 1071, coming down nicely though. Damn, drooling already.

Stout Dave

SS - My second ever batch was an original series stout made with 1kg x BE2 with an extra 500gms of LDM. It is right up there with my best of about 20 batches thus far, even though I REALLY did NOT know what I was doing. Remember to watch out for the Krazy Krauzen!!

I've done the 'stouter stout' recipe which was good, and the toucan best extra stout (Stout, Dark Ale, 1 KG dextrose from memory) which is still young, but absolutely amazing knock your socks off stuff.

I've rechristened it 'Sledgehammer Stout'.

Dan

I've got a Dark Ale and a Stout on hand, maybe I should start with the toucan recipe. I've got two 46l fermenters so krauzen won't be a problem. Now that I think about it I think what I'll do is pick up another Original series stout and do one batch with LDM and dextrose and the toucan side by side. then I can have a comparison taste test [devil]

Muddy

How about we get together sometime & sample a few.[biggrin]

I still have 2 longnecks of "Nut Brown Ale" that was bottled in 2001.

Cheera,

Peter

It'd be a pleasure Peter [biggrin]

Wow! 2001 for the nut brown ale. When did you last have one and how did it taste? I've never tried that style of beer.

When doing the toucan brew should I pitch both yeast sachets? I ended up not getting around to putting the brew down yesterday due to becoming engrossed in a good book. I'm finished the book and ready to make beer though, I'm pretty sure that both yeast sachets are the same thing so I might as well pitch both right?

I'm not too worried, my fermenter has about 25cm of head space with 23 liters in it. I just pitched the yeast and I'm waiting for the accurate hydrometer reading. It looks like it's going to be about 1060. It is a frothy brew indeed! There was quite a bit of foam just from mixing the beast up [devil] On the weekend I think I'll run out and buy another Original series stout and put it down with a kilo of dextrose just to get an idea of what I've done. Maybe a dark ale tin too [ninja]

I think I may have OCBMD (Obsessive Compulsive Beer Making Disorder) [biggrin]

Archived