Coopers Community

Coopers original series bitter

wilfw

I've bought a Coopers Original series bitter kit, not realising it wasn't one of the English Bitter Kits from the International series,(must be one of the last that the HBS has left of these). Can anyone tell me how this kit differs from the English Bitter and Australian Bitter in the International series and why have they stopped producing it?

Was it that bad?, surely I can't be in for a disappointment can I?

i would be guessing here only mate but i would imagine it would have to do with the grains the can has in it for 1 yeast would be another and at a guess the hops would be different correct me if i'm wrong masters as i said this would only be a guess

Hi Muddy,

no it's not the English Bitter I've got, it's the original series Bitter which I understand is not being produced anymore and is the predecessor of the International series English Bitter - hope that makes sense. I think the shop must be selling them off as I got it fairly cheap with a best before date of December 2010, so getting quite close.

Hi Luke, The kit is still within its' best before period, but I take your point about the yeast.

I think I'll dry hop it with some East Kent Goldings or Fuggles considering the new English Bitter has late hopping.

Archived