Coopers Community

330ml bottles

MattC9

Hey all ,Has someone bottled with 330ml bottles before? I have coopers measured sugar drops, which 1 sugar drop for 375ml and 2 for 750ml bottles is the recomended.

If I was to drop 1 sugar drop in a 330ml bottle is this going to over carbonate? I would give it a go with a 22 litre brew however if the bottles explode, what a waste!! If someone has done this before please let me know required sugar amount.

Thanks

Matt

Sounds like a good reason to bulk prime - drop the brew into a second vessel and add sugared water. 180g of sugar dissolved into 250ml of boiled water is a priming rate of 8g per litre. Bottle immediately after mixing the sugar solution into the brew.

ive bottled with 330ml before. Its a pain in the arse, because you have to clean and sterilise more bottles. Ive dropped one lolly in, and had overcarbed beer. But served near freezing point and i wasnt presented with a 'friendly beer'. You could guestimate the amount of suger by using a sugar measure (can get in Big W or home brew stores) and not fill completly all the way as you would using a stubbie. But, theres still that risk. I would bulk prime when using odd sized bottles

Is a second vessel another fermenter?If it is how do you go about transfering the beer to the second vessel?

Thanks

you can get cheap water storage cubes from bunnings that are advertised as 20litres but you can get around 22-23 litres in em

perfect for bulk priming, also saves you heaps of time dropping a lolly into each single bottle.

i pour the sugar solution in to the bottom and just connect the 2 taps with some clear food grade hose and open the taps.

also because the sugar solution is on the bottom where all the beer flows in through the tap it gets mixed naturally, no stirring required.

easy

Would need to check the brew-room, but I think I may have a few '3 scoop' jobbies lying around.

Perhaps I should send you one for you to appraise - probably not up to the Kanga spec'...

They do sound like a useful product and I'd love to give it a try. It would be tough to beat the kanga though [lol]

Archived