Coopers Community

Coopers Lager

Luke CharlesH

Hello All,

New brewer here,

I have a Coopers lager that came with the pack, it has been going for a week now at about 22 degrees. It is now bubbling only every min or so - sometimes longer.

Does this sound like it is almost ready to bottle? My hydrometer reading is not quite up to the green section indicated. Should I keep waiting? or will it ferment in the bottle?

dude,

ive been kit brewing for four years now, every now n then you get one that still bubbles after final gravity, i just kegged/bottled a coopers mexico that was still bubbling once a minute.... for four days after final gravity!!

paul mentioned once why it happens....but i forget...sumpin to do with CO2 ....i think???

ALWAYS USE AND TRUST YA HYDROMETER!!

cheers

matt

i still didnt answer yr question did i!!!!

if my memory is right you should get a final gravity of 1004-1008 with lager and 1kg of brew sugar???

it will tell you in the instruction booklet!

if you get same gravity over two days bottle it! or leave it till the weekend if ya like?? it wont spoil if the temp aint too high! 22 should be ok for 4 days or so... lower would be better!

cheers

matt

Thanks for your help.

I will check again tonight and if the same reading I will bottle.

It is in that range - the booklet says 1008 to 1010 but i don;t think it will make it to that.

it is roughly on the orange line, that says beer 5% so I would aassume this is ready to go!

mate, don't worry about the 'green' or the 'orange' section of your hydrometer too much (or at all). look at the reading i.e. 1.000 - 1.040etc. when you get two readings the same over a 24 - 48 hrs, you are then right to bottle. I would still leave it another couple of days after consistent readings to bottle, though. this helps any sediment settle, and gives you a clearer beer (if that's what you're after) and more importantly, ensures your brew has fully fermented = no bottle bombs.

I know the desire to bottle is strong, fight it, it will be worth it!

Good luck with it.

Archived