Coopers Community

Grolsch Bottles

BrentW2

I use grolsch bottles for a portion of each brew along with Coopers 750ml longnecks and coopers PET bottles - I came acrooss 160 of them on the footpath outside my work after a neighbours office party. I quite like them.

Pros:

* I get to have a bit more beer per bottle but my wife still counts it as 1 beer [lol] .

* Champagne like pop when opening bottle.

* Easy to open.

* They look fancy [biggrin] .

Cons:

* They're irregular sized so carb drops aren't suitable - you'll need to bulk prime or find another way to accurately prime your bottles.

* I've occassionally had beers that were flat as the seal wasn't true.

Give them a go - If you don't like them you can probably sell them on ebay [cool]

[lol] No Luke she doesn't work at weight watchers - and her habit of buying junk snack food is the main culprit in my expanding waistline (coupled with my lack of will power when the food is in front of me [biggrin] )

She thinks alcohol will take me to an early grave so she gives me a hard time if I have more than a couple of beers [pinched] Nothing extreme - but a withering look can say more than a thousand words.

I should note that I can usually get a PET longneck to count as 1 beer because they look smaller.

....Whats that dear? No, I'm not on the Coopers site again. Yes, I am paying the bills. No, I'm not making a mess [biggrin]

I'm a big fan of the swing top (Grolsch style) bottles. I use PET for beers that I'm planning to drink early and the glass fo bottles I wish to cellar for a while. I must admit that I am relatively new at brewing but I haven't had any flat beers to report yet.

Two reasons I've used swing tops

1. Easy to cap

2. Mates of mine who are not home brewers love the 'fancy' beer bottles. Much more of a conversation starter than a twist top XXXX

Also glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has less than 100% support for their hobby at home.

Muddy' date=' if you keg your brew and use a big glass, it's possible to keep the glass looking around about half full for hours. That would be a count of 1 [cool'] [bandit] [innocent] [devil]

[lol] I have found that recently as we are keg-fridge-sitting for my brother in law. My glass was always half full and the keg was empty a lot quicker than my bottles would have been. It doesn't help having the fridge in my bottling area [biggrin]

Archived