Coopers Community

final specific gravity of mexican cerveza.

JamesJBraddock

Put dow my second brew last sunday, it was a mexican cerveza.

it had the cerveza can with 1kg of brewing sugar and a kg of brew enhancer, checked it on friday night after it had been down for 6 days, the hydrometer reading was 1022, was also 1022 saturday morning and the same again this morning, my question is what should i expect the hydrometer reading to be to be ready for bottling,

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated,

cheers

James

I would have tried to heat the brew a bit, or "arouse" the yeast :P.

With the cold weather it may have gone to sleepies so waking it up would have helped finish fermentation.

With a FG of 1022, the brew will probably be pretty sweet and not too nice.

Hey guys thanks for all your input, i bottled it this afternoon, so fingers crossed, yeah think next time i will pitch it with half and half sugar/ brew enhancers, lol it was 1022 over 3 consecutives days, and pumped upo the heat to 26 since friday night with no changes, so hopefully it will be sweet as , hopefully,how would you guys have normally done a cerveza.

If you used Coopers 1kg of Brewing Sugar and 1kg of BE2, the brew has a total of 450g maltodextrin (which is mainly unfermentable, leaving body in the brew)- not enough for the FG to come out at 1022, though.

I hope you bottled into PET [pinched] [pinched]

it had the cerveza can with 1kg of brewing sugar and a kg of brew enhancer, checked it on friday night after it had been down for 6 days, the hydrometer reading was 1022, was also 1022 saturday morning and the same again this morning, my question is what should i expect the hydrometer reading to be to be ready for bottling,

cheers

James

If you really had the can plus 1kg of sugar plus 1kg of brew enhancer I'd be uncapping those immediately unless you want explosions.

cheers

James

If you really did use a can plus 1kg of sugar and 1kg of Brew Enhancer I'd be quite concerned.

Cheers,

Phillip.

Probably just 1kg of Brew Enhancer or Brewing Sugar, or why not try using a liquid malt extract. It's up to you though, but for brews with lots of sugar they need to be left longer to ferment out fully. Depending on how it all goes for you, you might need to release a bit of pressure from the plastic bottles as it primes.

Archived