Coopers Community

Dr Tim's

AussieJosh

Really!? Maybe you and i should try that with Coke!? get our hands on a glass or bottle of coke if we can if not a plastic one then get a can and put them both in a glass and see if we can tell the diffrece!? We are "Experts" are we not Matt!?

At least all my firends think i am at brewing...cause they dont do it and dont know stuff all! they say "you should open up a shop" Hahahaha i know some place between 1 and 5% about brewing! and you and Paul taught me that! :wink:

But still the question.........Matt do you know? Is Dr Tims.... Pale Ale in a can!?

If i remember Right Dr Tims was first brought out for ( THE BIG DAY OUT) a few years back cause glass bottles where no longer alowed? I think i read that in the paper a few years ago?

ive only seen pics of it and it was in a can josh!!!

and i admit ...coke tastes heaps better in glass bottle and different again in a"glass".

i had a one of my favourite craft beers the other day n realised i liked it more in the bottle than in the glass,,,it just seemed like the hops n malt aroma was more IN YA FACE out of the bottle!!

anyway each his own dude.....i think youd love "beer n brewer mag" josh,

your like me,,,you caould tlak beer under water with a mouth full of marbles!!

cheers

matt

p.s. my local homebrewer stocks it...id assume most brewcellars would stock it and paul writes in it so he may help ya find it in sth australia!

p.p.s. i know the very little i know because i have been the serial pest of this forum for about 3 years now i think???

paul abosolutely despises me... :lol: .....but im a customer,,,he has to be nice!

Its like Pale ale in a can! hahaha

It tatse and smells hopy!? reminds me of Belgian beer!? maybe i have been drinking to much home brew and forgot what comercial beer was like??? or maybe i have just had to many cans!?

MAKE IT YOUR MISSION MATT!!! track in down where you live! Paul might be able to give you advice on who stocks it in your state?

Dr Tim's is only available in SA and NT - sorry Thirsty. :(

It's our Pale Ale brew. However, secondary fermentation in the can produces different aromas and flavours to bottled Pale Ale. Something to do with shape and surface area of the can compared to a bottle. This is why we don't call it Pale Ale. :wink:

You'll always be able to find Dr Tim's in my fridge. When poured into a glass, it displays more floral aromas and a smoother flavour profile. For me, it's a lot closer to Pale Ale on tap. Perhaps, this is because a can is a siimlar shape to a keg??

You guys are more than just customers. You display enthusiasm for making and drinking beer as well as a thirst for learning about the craft - I applaud you! :D

Josh,

Why don't you taste them side by side so you don't have to rely on memory?

Could the flavour difference be put down to no light getting to the canned brew therefore a bit fresher hop flavour?

Archived