Coopers Community

removing labels

Polky

I'm by no means the highest authority on brewing but the easiest way I've come across so far would be 48 hours soak in Napi-San. Just fill laundry sink or bath tub with warm water and Napi-San to manufactures instructions and leave for 48 hours. Most of the time the labels slide off on their own with just a light wipe required to remove glue residue. [cool]

I have a 50 litre esky spare. I put 100mls-200mls of sodium hypochloride in with 50lts water. Everytime I finish a beer, I rinse it and submerge it in the esky. After a couple of days, I pull out the bottles. The ones with labels I scrub with a scourer. It always leaves me with beautifully sparking bottles. If you have bottles with metalised labels, like Barons Beer, forget about it. Those labels are staying on for quite a while.

I have been doing this for years and never had an infections. The glass looks like it just came off the production line. You should wear gloves, though.

I've got a 60L bin that I fill with bleach and water (and bottles). I leave them to sit there for a few days and usually by the time I get around to checking them the labels have all come off. I then rinse them and use a kitchen scourer to remove the remaing glue (which comes off very easily) and then leave them to dry.

Archived