Coopers Community

decommissioned keg

Glyneoz

Hi

Just trying to find a decommissioned keg.

I am looking at a table / bar stool for the man cave, but cant seem to find any (legally! )

Does any one know where in SA i may be able to get any?

Thanks

Hi

Just trying to find a decommissioned keg.

I am looking at a table / bar stool for the man cave' date=' but cant seem to find any (legally! )

Does any one know where in SA i may be able to get any?

Thanks

[/quote']

At a guess, I'd say start with asking at the local pubs; make sure you speak to the publican rather than the staff, to ensure you get a correct answer, rather than being fobbed off.

If that's not any good, start working your way up the chain, the owners of the pub, franchisees, or whatever, all the way up to the brewery.

You could also check out Ebay, Gumtree, Trading Post etc, as well as antique, charity stores, & the like.

No doubt as rustic/industrial look furniture is in these days, soon enough you'll see faux keg tables at your local Bunnings or country style furniture store soon enough!

Local brew shops may have them too. My local one has a couple of old kegs sitting out the front for sale, they look like old 1970s ones or maybe earlier. The shape is sort of a curved shape like a barrel rather than the straight up and down cylindrical shape of the modern kegs.

Archived