Coopers Community

coopers ever consider going belgian style?

THIRSTY MATT

hi all,

paul...no rush to reply whenever ya get time......

has coopers ever considered making a belgian style blonde,golden or any ale for homebrew????

my guess is ya couldnt do it with dry yeasts?????

it may just be the time of the year but my local dan murphy's is fast runnin out of anything with "belgium" written on it...and im to blame,i have the taste for it right now!

cheers

matt

hey josh,

i had a leffe blonde yesterday but unfortunatley it was off,mustve been outta date or sumpin,but the dan murphy's manager gave me two leffe goblets!! good glasses they are too!!

i was thinkin more like "murrays sassy blonde" an aussie beer from just nth of newcastle in NSW...its "belgian inspired"...dont know if you would get it in S.A.

ive been thinking sparkling ale or pale ale, with some steeped cascade hops n a handfull of dry saaz hops, and a belgian liquid yeast.

dont really know what hops are belgianish?????

cheers

matt

Belgian style beers make up a tiny percentage of sales in Australia. So I don't think we are likely to bring one out as a kit in the foreseeable future.

A dry yeast known as T-58 can give you belgian ale characteristics - I've used it, with good results, in a recipe something like Chimay Red.

Ive got a Thomas Coopers Malt Beer Recipes pamphlet. There is one Belgian Lager recipe in it thought you might be intrested!?

BELGIAN LAGER

Thomas Coopers Wheat Malt 1.5g

Thomas Coopers Australian Bitter

HOPS Hallertau 12g

YEAST European Lager 15g

500g light dry malt

Mix to 23 litres

Not too much into Belgian beers, although once I visited the Belgian beer garden in Bris and it was a great night.

Looking at that recipe it looks quite interesting, and I love to experiment with new recipes so I'm gona mix this one up in a couple of weeks. Sounds like a good one to throw in when the boys are over having a few brews and see their reactions.

Cheers

Archived