Coopers Community

Bottle seal removal

Rossco

Hi Guys,

new to brewing my own but have just started sampling my first batch and wondered if there is an easy quick way to get the plastic ring seals off the tops of the plastic bottles ?

BTW my first coopers lager is going down well.

I DONT LIKE USING PLASTIC BOTTLES IT GIVES THE BEER A DIFFERENT TASTE SO I USE GLASS OR KEG IF YOU ARE LOOKING INTO GLASS USE THE GROLSCH BOTTLES THIS WILL SAVE YOU TIME AND EFFORT IN CAPPING TOO BUT THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH THE GROLSCH IS THE START-UP COST OF GETTING THE BOTTLES.

BOTTLE DEPOT ARE SLUGGING CLOSE TO A DOLLAR A BOTTLE BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GETTING ANY OTHER MONEY BACK FOR THEIR GLASS AND BECAUSE BREWERS ARE NOT STUPID THEY KEEP THEM AND RECYCLE LOL :D :D :D :D :? :wink: I NOW HAVE OVER 300 GROLCH BOTTLES AND WOULD NOT SELL ONE

HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BREWING

JohnnyD,

please STOP SHOUTING at us, it is hurting my eyes.

We performed extensive testing on Coopers PET bottles - both analytical and sensory - and the findings show that there is no difference in taste or aroma between our PET bottles and glass. 8)

Grolsch bottles are really good but, being 473ml, you may want to bulk prime. Of course, the 750ml Coopers Pale Ale, Sparkling Ale and Best Extra Stout are now in sturdy bottles designed for re-use. :lol:

I have hundreds of glass longnecks for my long ageing beers (ales and stouts). However for lagers and pilsners I often use whatever I have spare, often bottling half into glass and half into the PET style. I couldnt find any difference in the taste or aroma between the beer poured from glass or PET.

having around 450 PET bottles and about 120 glass, I tend to use the glass for something special which I'll age for 12-24 months and the plastic for short term and every day drinking. having said this the plastic bottles are more convenient, just rinse and replace the cap after about 5 uses and your laughing.

sadly though most of these bottles have been given to mates now I've been converted to the way of the keg

enjoy the beer and all else is irrelevant

The Coopers longnecks are bloody great and I am ............or should I say was, getting a good stock of same, however, our NT liquor licensing mob decided in their wisdom, as they continually do, that Long necks will be banned from sale in Alice Springs, because our locals buy them and smash them leaving a lot of broken glass around. Now you may be as confused as I am as to why buying twice the amount of stubbies and breaking them will create less broken glass, it just means that we are all a lot more stupid than the liquor mob. I think not, however it now is law that long necks are not to be sold in Alice Springs, so any of us homebrewers and lovers of Coopers products from a longneck are..........should I say predudiced against. and so ends todays lesson in stupidity!

We should put to the liquor mob that the locals only buy BB........I mean VB so we should still be able to buy Coopers............doubt it would work though.

Archived