Coopers Community

my new favorite beer

jase

attention all coopers brewers,I have just realised I have created quite possibly the greatest beer ever,(with a bit of help from coopers that is) try this out.1 tin coopers pale ale. 1 tin thomas coopers wheat malt. 500gm B.E.2. 1 bag super alpha hops. 7gm english ale yeast. brewed @ 24 deg and left to carbonate for 6+ weeks. I didnt think it was going to be any good untill the 7-8 week mark as it had a very bitter after taste, but now it is sweet, sweet nector. all hail coopers, hail pale ale, hail wheat malt.I think I'll go and have another. :D :D :D

sorry guys, updated the sign now, the hop bag was a teabag & one that was given to me & havnt seen before or since,(I have been using allot of cascade recently)I had trouble with secondry carbonation as I had no sugar in the house & primed with B.E.2 this slowed it all down and added to the confusion, but after a bit of patience, wow, the end result ends in my hype and intoxication, this recipe is so recommended to anyone who likes a euro style brew. Any details on the "super alpha hops" would be appreciated.

As homebrewers we don't have to be as concerned as commercial breweries are in trying to achieve value for money with bittering our brew. 8)

If you like the aroma of the hop variety, regardless of the alpha rating, use it for finishing. :wink:

Archived