Coopers Community

Three sheets

Dave R2

Hi Dave R2.

I have sampled the beer, but never actually tried to brew it. It is a nice drop. [cool]

Below is a link to pictorial post made by a guy over on AHB who actually did a brew day at the Lord Nelson Brewery, brewing this particular beer.

The post is a couple of years old but did disclose the two hops used & some sequencing advice on how they were used. For the grain bill, you'll need to do a bit more digging.

Haldini's brew day at the Lord Nelson Brewery

I hope that helps get you started. [wink]

Cheers,

Anthony.

Never tried brewing the Three Sheets, but fondly remember having a couple before my first wedding.

In retrospect I should have stayed at the pub drinking, rather than marrying my first wife, but at least I have fond memories of drinking a fine ale that day.

Beer of course is more forgiving, it never gets jealous when you want another beer, doesn't berate you for staying up all night drinking, will always be there for you whatever you do, and never judges you.

Wifey no 2 is much better, and usually knows better than to get between a man and his beer; though she helps me in keeping things in perspective.

So I guess it all worked out for the best, I've kept my love of beer, got a better missus, and escaped the shackles of a life of misery.

Thanks beer, you're always there for me, and I promise never to take you for granted!

Cheers!

Oh and if anyone can find a recipe (preferably kit or concentrate), I'd love to give the Three Sheets a try some time too!

Of course you can get Three Sheets from bottle shops now, though it's clearly not the same as having it on tap at the Lord Nelson!

Archived