Coopers Community

Original series on special

Drewski1525228848

Just got a Coopers Draught, they are on Special for 8.99 at Coles and IGA Supermarkets.

Now question is what else should i put in with this? This is only my third brew so still learning.

Any ideas.

Can i say put in the Light Malt Extract from the can? Do i still need 1kg of sugar if i do so?

Wanna try something differant with this one.

First brew was Lager + 1kg Sugar

Then second was Pilsner + Dry malt and dextrose.

I love the Cooper's Draught.

Last one I made I put in 1kg light dry malt & 12g Pride of Ringwood hops boiled for 20 mins then strained into the wort.

Very nice!

Cheers,

Luke.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I just picked up Cooper's Stout for $1.98 a can at the local supermarket. I got the last 4 on the shelf. Use by date is December 2007. Guess who is going to have plenty of Stout ready for next winter.

I reckon a can of stout & 500g of BE2 will make a nice light drop.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Paul,

All the cans are fine, only one had a very small dent in it. The plastic caps and yeast packages are all in tact. I can only put it down to, the locals don't appreciate a good stout. Maybe this supermarket does not have a big turnover in home brew supplies.

Thanks for the thought,

Regards,

Peter

Hi Paul,

It was a Safeway Supermarket. I have checked out others in the area, they don't have the special. I put it down to lack of sales. The Lager & Draught cans were selling at normal prices. Not bad when I can get 5 cans for the price of one. I don't mind telling you that I am partial to a stout so they wont go to waste.

Regards,

Peter

Archived