Coopers Community

Coopers cloudy??

BirkdaleBob

Had the pest man around the other day and he noticed my brewing setup. Said he was a home brewer-kegger also. Told him I mainly brewed Coopers, what did he brew? Said he brews Coopers Stout, but brews other brands of Ale, Lager etc because he finds that Coopers are always cloudy. I hadn't really thought about this, as I don't look at anything thru my beer. Have had a couple of cloudy ones but figured that was something I had done wrong. Do Coopers make their brews to come out cloudy (like draught Pale Ale from the pub) or is he expecting too much?

Hasn't that fellow seen the earlier Coopers ads:

:!: Cloudy, but fine :!:

Goodness, that's partly the signature of a Coopers beer, well at least that's my opinion. And what's wrong with the said cloudiness if it doesn't affect the taste. In fact, I'd say the sediment and also the particles contributing to the cloudiness enhances the flavour of the home brew (and commercially available Coopers) beers.

But like you said - you don't look at things through your Coopers, and if you enjoy your home brews, what else matters?? Nothing.

The cloudiness is more likely due to the adjuncts rather than the Home Brew can contents. Every Coopers Home Brew (except Ginger Beer and the ones too dark to see through) can be fermented out to a clear beer.

Archived