Coopers Community

how did nicks gb go ?

Hi everyone i was just sittong here wondering how Nicks Ginger Beer was panning out......i want to make one for swmbo when i get home??Come on nick fill us in lol[biggrin]

Nedster, i put it down last saturday. i used the Coopers can, ikg of raw sugar and threw in 250gms of dex. The kitchen smells unreal and all who have smelt it have commented on how good it smells. It has a lovely crisp, but sweet aroma.

I will start taking SG readings over the w'end and may bottle it next week. i have glad wrap on it and it has a nice thick krausen still with fairly large bubbles.

When i take the readings, i'll have a taste and let you know.

Cheers old mate[biggrin]

Hi everyone i was just sittong here wondering how Nicks Ginger Beer was panning out......i want to make one for swmbo when i get home??Come on nick fill us in lol[biggrin]

Nedster, i put it down last saturday. i used the Coopers can, ikg of raw sugar and threw in 250gms of dex. The kitchen smells unreal and all who have smelt it have commented on how good it smells. It has a lovely crisp, but sweet aroma.

I will start taking SG readings over the w'end and may bottle it next week. i have glad wrap on it and it has a nice thick krausen still with fairly large bubbles.

When i take the readings, i'll have a taste and let you know.

Cheers old mate[biggrin]

thanks buddy....im going to get one of those fv's from bunnings to do it in....swmbo getting way too jealous i only brew my stuff....i told her id give the spirits a try but she has to buy the set up lol...shut her up a tad after she looked up the price lol

ikg of raw sugar ...is that in raw sugar or just normal white sugar?

Raw sugar Ned, the brown stuff thats a buck a kilo.

That is what the can says to use, so as its my first go round with GB, i thought i'd pretty much make it as basic as, and then adjust if need be next time.

ikg of raw sugar ...is that in raw sugar or just normal white sugar?

Raw sugar Ned, the brown stuff thats a buck a kilo.

That is what the can says to use, so as its my first go round with GB, i thought i'd pretty much make it as basic as, and then adjust if need be next time.

sounds the go for my first try also......Nick do you use email?

I have just taken the first SG and taster after 7 days.

Sitting on 1012 and tastes quite sweet. There is also a a good kraesen of large bubbles on top. I will take another reading tomorrow and hopefully bottle through the week. I'd love them to be ready at the end of the month as i'm camping and fishing at Boondooma again...i reckon GB would go very well with fresh Yellowbelly and Redclaw[biggrin]

I have just taken the first SG and taster after 7 days.

Sitting on 1012 and tastes quite sweet. There is also a a good kraesen of large bubbles on top. I will take another reading tomorrow and hopefully bottle through the week. I'd love them to be ready at the end of the month as i'm camping and fishing at Boondooma again...i reckon GB would go very well with fresh Yellowbelly and Redclaw[biggrin]

bloody show off lol...oh i sent you a email too, cheers Ned

Yeah mate i replied earlier, hey, theres nothing to show off about, its only camping and i have to catch the batsards first!

Mind you, the Redclaw in feb must be 10 deep at the bottom. Never thought i'd say it, but i get sick of eating them after a week[biggrin]

Nedster' date=' i put it down last saturday. i used the Coopers can, ikg of raw sugar and threw in 250gms of dex [/quote']

Hey guys, what sort of SG should i be looking for? If i remember rightly, about 1005 was what the can said?

Yeah mate i replied earlier, hey, theres nothing to show off about, its only camping and i have to catch the batsards first!

Mind you, the Redclaw in feb must be 10 deep at the bottom. Never thought i'd say it, but i get sick of eating them after a week[biggrin]

you poor poor bastard must be tough up there at times lol

Hey Neddy, i spent 10 years repping and spent 3 or 4 nights a week in hotels and motels. Cant stand em now!

A tent, a lake, a tinny, plenty of good beer and food is all i need.

I reckon it only costs about $300 all up for a week for me and Nards, and i get to spend time in gods own country to boot[biggrin]

Hey Neddy, i spent 10 years repping and spent 3 or 4 nights a week in hotels and motels. Cant stand em now!

A tent, a lake, a tinny, plenty of good beer and food is all i need.

I reckon it only costs about $300 all up for a week for me and Nards, and i get to spend time in gods own country to boot[biggrin]

i hear ya mate...i spent quite a few years in the club/pub industry..even made it to sub assistant manager once(wow). have managed a couple of pubs and still fitted in being a outlaw for some years(another failure) lol. i rartely walk into a pub these days only time i usually do go pubbing is when im up at Lightening Ridge opal mining(another failure).......like you i like the tent, beers and kicking back, got a lake nearby....then i drive 750 k,s to the Ridge and spend a month digging 60 foot down a hole...Deb says" Ned ya definitely an ideas man" lol smart bit#h[lol] [lol]

Archived