Coopers Community

Any recipes for a quality dark beer??

Tassie brew

Here is one, both ingredients readily available (hopefully), with the emphasis on "simple" but still makes a good dark ale.

1 can Dark Ale

1 can Australian Pale Ale

mix to 23 litres

Both yeast sachets.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tassie brew, this recipe is nice n easy and tastes awesome see what u reckon.

1x can Coopers Dark Ale

1x 1.5kg can Coopers Dark Malt Extract (use it all!)

make up at 23L

1044 OG

1014 FG

• 1 month later...
Here is one, both ingredients readily available (hopefully), with the emphasis on "simple" but still makes a good dark ale.

1 can Dark Ale

1 can Australian Pale Ale

mix to 23 litres

Both yeast sachets.

I'm going to have a crack at this one today. At what temp should I pitch the yeast?

A lot of brewers get themselves a second-hand fridge. Works really well as an insulative cabinet and, if its compressor still works, can be used for low temperature fermenting or cold conditioning - adapt the thermostat, buy a second thermostat or use a timer switch.

mmmm 10degrees?? perfect conditions for saflager w34 yeast. have been reculturing a batch i bought some time ago and it is most happy in my old fridge set to its lowest setting... makes a nice drop. slurp..

mmmm 10degrees?? perfect conditions for saflager w34 yeast. have been reculturing a batch i bought some time ago and it is most happy in my old fridge set to its lowest setting... makes a nice drop. slurp..

What sort of brews are you doing with that strain Capretta?

kieran

seems like a good yeast, clean flavour, but takes AGES to settle out.sticking with the pilseners for the moment, did a german pils (sort of ) then tried a bohemian pils which i stuck closer to the guidelines.. my next (with the same yeast) is a bock (or if i can get the gravity up maybe a double??) then i might try some english ales.. lager takes too long, i have too many spare bottles.. the mrs is going troppo. :roll:

Archived