Coopers Community

Frosty Nut Brown Ale

Hey All,

I woke this morning to a light frost[annoyed] but it happened to be brew day[cool] so I put this one down to mark the event.

Frosty Nut Brown Ale

2.5 DME (Light)

454g Crystal 120

200g Roasted Barley

24g Fuggles 4.6% (60mins)

14g N. Brewer's 8.5% (40mins)

13g Challenger 6.7% (20mins)

11g Windsor rehydrated Piched @ 24C

21l water (Tap water)

Here's to the winter inventories![biggrin]

Hey Gang,

I used Beersmith to formulate this recipe ans well as the last couple. I have found I have a few questions.

1. Can the default system of measurment be metric somehow?

2. The couple'a batches I've made the real OG has been 10 points higher than the estimate OG. Any experiences simalar to this?

BTW, My Frosty Nut is bubbling away nicely![cool]

Hey Gang,

I used Beersmith to formulate this recipe ans well as the last couple. I have found I have a few questions.

1. Can the default system of measurment be metric somehow?

2. The couple'a batches I've made the real OG has been 10 points higher than the estimate OG. Any experiences simalar to this?

Chad, I have really only used Beersmith for my partials but have entered the kit details in. I just create a liquid malt extract and play around with the EBC & IBU. My current system has an efficiency of 65% and my OG has been spot on so far.

As for metric, if you go into your settings or preferences you can change all the settings. I haven't got access to it at the moment so I can't give you precise details.

BTW' date=' My Frosty Nut is bubbling away nicely[/quote']

Might be time to see a doctor [innocent]

Archived