Coopers Community

A coupla' English Brews

Here's a couple of English Bitter recipes that I put down a few months back. They both turned out great and would like to share the recipes.

BSA Bitter

1.7Kg E. Bitter

566g Amber LME

200g Molasses

150g Carapils

150g Pale Choc Malt

50g Roasted barely

12g Northern Brewer's (15mins)

10g East Kent Goldings (10mins)

5g N. Brewer's (5mins, 0mins)

5g EKG (5mins, 0mins)

11g Notto

21L Water

Well Landing English Ale

1.7Kg E. Bitter

500g LDM

274g 40L Crystal malt

200g Dextrose

150g Carapils

15g Challanger(20mins)

12g Challenger(15mins)

10g EKG (0mins)

15g EKG (dry hopped)

11.5g S-04

23L water

That BSA Bitter looks to be a cracker!!... I think I might have a go at that one myself in the not too distant future. Have a couple of AG's to do and Pale cans to get rid of but then... for sure!!

Thanks for sharing Chad

That BSA Bitter looks to be a cracker!!... I think I might have a go at that one myself in the not too distant future. Have a couple of AG's to do and Pale cans to get rid of but then... for sure!!

Thanks for sharing Chad

Hey Bill,

Give it a go! I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Hi chad if I remember correctly you were looking for a wells bombardier recipe a few months back.As I'm a bit of a fan of that beer did you end up getting something that resembles it. At 7 bucks a hit here in Melbourne it's kind of pricey

Hi Paul,

You're right! I was looking to create Wells Bomb clone. The Wells Landing English ale is my attempt. I think that mine has a little more hops flavour/aroma than the Wells Bomb. The Wells Bomb has a sweetness that I like that is lacking in my attempt (probably masked by the late hops.) Although the East Kent Golding are a very nice hops I think maybe Fuggles would have been a better choice.

I think next attempt I will increase the the crystal to 400-500g, throw a handful of raisins into the boil, and back the late hops additions back by 1/2.

All in all an excellent brew and worth a shot.

Archived