Coopers Community

Pale Ale

LeonardC2

Happy 55th, Leonard![biggrin]

i hope you're sharing those 10 lagers with the wife or your head will be feeling LARGER in the morn![lol]

i'm headed down to the cold room to get one to toast to you. hmmm... what will it be? i think an IPA will go down just fine.[love]

chad

Happy B'day Leonard [biggrin]

Brews tend to look darker as yeast falls out of suspension. Less particles to reflect the light. The Motueka Slam IPA, I have fermenting, is a good example. Here it is at the moment - 36 hrs in.

2hhne.th.jpg

The blue 'ish shadow on the top of the brew is the 100g of Motueka hop flowers wrapped in a super wipe. Will post another pic to compare once a good amount of yeast has fallen out of suspension.

Canadian,I did share those 10 PET's with my pet...I'd be higher than a Georgia pine if I drank all ten! And PB2,that explains it I recon. It was a light to medium copper at the outset with a brown krausen,then got lighter as fermentation progressed. Then,as it cleared & dry hopped,it got darker again. It's now a beautiful amber color,& very clear. I can't wait till this Sunday to pop a few in the fridge for 5 days![love] *PS-interesting to have 1,326 hits & counting with only 29 replies. This recipe must be interesting to a lot of folks...

• 2 weeks later...

Just put down my 5th ever brew and thought it was time to get creative with a pale ale:

2 x cans of pale ale

1kg x brew enhancer 2

Made to 23L

1057 was the initial specific gravity

Lets see what happens ;-)

Ok,well,we've had a few of the Summer Pale ales. Here's a pic for starters;http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss71/unionrdr/family%20fun/summerpale22.jpg

It has a nice creamy mouth feel ahead of a buiscotti-like sweetness, then the earthy ripe fruitiness with lemon grass & light spice under that from the 15min Kent Golding addition,& 7 day dry hop with Willamette. Not to mention,the fruity esters produced by the Cooper's ale yeast. I can smell these,albeit lightly,as well at about 50F. So,it's a good thing to match the hop flavors to the yeast flavors. This ale also has a rich,velvety off white head with light carbonation,to style for ales in general,after 3 weeks in the bottle at 70F & 5-6 days in the fridge. Because I used 1 carb drop per 11.2-12oz glass bottle. No dextrose or brewing sugar here,folks. This is def not a brew to drink ice cold. 45-50F brings out more of the complexities.[love]

Thanks PB2, yes i did used both yeasts.

Day 4 and 5 final gravity 1012 = ~6% before bottling, couldnt help myself had to have a couple of pints during the bottling process just to double check there was alcohol in the brew ;-)

Now the long disciplined wait for a final judgement....

Archived