Coopers Community

English Bitter

ChrisM8

Hey,

first of all, thanks to the folks at Cooper's for this gem - the English Bitter that is![cool] I tasted it as I put down my latest brew & I reckon it's the duck's nuts![love] So, Cheers!

I used:

1 can Real Ale

1 can English Bitter

500g LDM

1kg pack of Cooper's BE2

20g of EK Goldings Hops boiled in 200g LDM/2l H2O for 10 min.

20g EK Goldings Hops at flame out & steeped for 20 min.

will be dry hopping another 20g in about 3 days...

really looking forward to this one!

[alien]

wow thats going to be near 7.5% alc/vol! wouldnt be able to have too many of those in a session [joyful] . I reckon the English bitter will become the house beer here as i love it. I just make to the suggested recipe, but additional EK Goldings or Fuggles would make an improvement [love]

Your yeast is really going to earn its keep there - that's one mighty big brew!

i used two of the coopers brewing yeast sachets for this one - I usually do that anyway if i've got them spare!

i reckon it makes a better beer when the little buggers have to do a bit of a hard slog[devil] ! still, it's not the biggest brew i've put down. this one's O.G was 1.086, have had them up to 1.096.

wow thats going to be near 7.5% alc/vol! wouldnt be able to have too many of those in a session [joyful] . I reckon the English bitter will become the house beer here as i love it. I just make to the suggested recipe' date=' but additional EK Goldings or Fuggles would make an improvement [love']

i recently put down a pale ale with about 75g of fuggles hops & so far am disappointed...

the EK Goldings are superb for this!

as far as the ABV goes, I intend to drink it & get drunk![biggrin]

Next time you might want to fill it up a few litres short and top it up once the volcano has subsided. That way all the goodness is keep in the fermentor.

Of course that doesn't help this time [pinched]

Thanks Muddy! [lol]

• 3 weeks later...
G'day John' date=' yeah sure looks OK but why do you pour into a jug then into a glass as opposed to just puoring straight into the glass? [/quote']

Hey rossm, that glass is only 560ml and the pet bottle is 740ml so i just wanted to pour it out in one go. I suppose i could get a bigger glass.

No worries mate, I know a couple of blokes who pour their homebrew into a jug first and then into a glass, to prevent getting too much yeast I think, that wouldn't be a problem by the looks of your brew and it is certainly something I have never seen as a problem with mine!

Archived