Coopers Community

scotch ale

Hi Paul

Many thanks for the scotch ale recipe. I spoke to you over the phone and you sent out some newsletters with the recipe. Have just opened a bottle and can confirm it will be brewed again. Although I haven`t tasted the original for a long time the sparkle that attracted me to it is present in my brew and the taste buds say my brew is aok.

Muddy, Recipe follows 1.7Kg Thomas Coopers Sparkling Ale Home Brew,1.5Kg Thomas Coopers Amber Malt Extract,500g Dark Brown Sugar, Made to 21litres. Ferment at 18 degrees C. It`s a dark beer with really sparkly taste. Have a go and hope you enjoy.

[biggrin] Sorry Paul - I like to get in before the crowds [lol]

You may recall I was asking questions about the SMOTY Ale before it should have even been on the website [devil]

Send me a couple of Sparkling Ale Tins (& a magnet) and I'll promise not to ask any more questions [bandit]

Y see 3 month beer bottled in house have other way for put my beer more for example 5 or 7 month in the closet y like to make a lot of beer and to put then in the closed and dreank in some month the beer ok it is posible that to change the date expirations the beer .

Y see in the book the beer lost when 3 month pass ok

Y like to make a lot of diferent beer and then to drink then in some month .

There are one proces to along the time maybe 4 or 5 or 7 month .

What y need to change it is posible or not ???

The blue font is giving me trouble......what??[unsure]

Seriously, though - William, are you asking for the Scotch Ale recipe? If so, it's listed at an earlier post.

If you are asking how long the beer needs to be stored before you can drink it?

This is up to you. Taste it before you bottle, keep the bottles above 18C then taste a bottle after 2 weeks, (after two weeks they can be stored in a less temperature controlled place), give them a few more weeks then taste again. If not okay, give them a few more weeks then taste another bottle and so on.

I hope this answers your question [biggrin]

Archived