Coopers Community

Something close to Fuller's ESB

StevenM

Just got back from a local pub (Pub Italia, if anyone is familiar with Ottawa, Canada) that has Fuller's ESB of tap. I often drink the canned version at home, but the ESB on tap has something just a bit extra extra... I was wondering if anyone had a recipe that might give me something close - I'm thinking maybe 2 cans of Cooper's EB plus 500gm Amber DME plus some late Goldings?

I'm interested to see what suggestions you get Steven. I've never used the English Bitter kit but have been looking for info on how best to utilise it - I was leaning towards an ESB style.

I have seen good tips on using the kit on the forum before but in its current unsearchable and clunky format all these gems of wisdom disappear in to the oblivion.

I have got a basic recipe for ESB which uses the kit plus 1kg of Light DME and 250g of dextrose. No idea if it is any good though - I'm not even sure where I got it from.

This might get close:

1.7kg English Bitter

1kg Amber DME

250g Dextrose/Sugar

20g Goldings for 15mins

30g Goldings dry hopped

Make it to 20 litres

Ferment as close to 21C as you can - the kit yeast will perform okay but you may like to add an English Ale yeast as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived