Coopers Community

Carlton Premium Dry

c52419

G'day Mick,

are you wanting to make a beer like Carlton Dry because of the taste or because you assume it presents as a low carbohydrate beer?

According to the Fosters Group website, it contains 1.9g of carbohydrate per 100ml. That's more than Coopers Original Pale Ale (1.65g of carbohydrate per 100ml).

G'day Mick,

are you wanting to make a beer like Carlton Dry because of the taste or because you assume it presents as a low carbohydrate beer?

According to the Fosters Group website, it contains 1.9g of carbohydrate per 100ml. That's more than Coopers Original Pale Ale (1.65g of carbohydrate per 100ml).

i'm looking for something that tastes like carlton premium dry

I was hoping you replied differently :(

If nobody else can offer suggestions....

More homework for me :!:

I suspect that bitterness would be low pehaps below 20 IBU and it contains both iso-hop and tetra-hop (clear bottle requires light stability).

Will get a few bottles to analyse and taste.

• 4 weeks later...

Did I say the bitterness may be low?? Try 12.5 BU !!

That's very soft for a beer that still carries 1.9g per 100ml carbohydrate.

Not so surprised upon tasting it; no hop aroma perhaps a hint of floral, no obvious esters and no strong flavours. The sort of beer that doesn't taste offensive (my wife tasted it and she said it wasn't too bad - she doesn't like beer). :wink:

Yet to do the "drinkability test" - an extremely scientific test that requires the consumption of 4 bottles and then answering this question, "Do I want another one?"

Other vital stats:-

Alcohol 4.5% ABV,

Colour 9.8 EBC

SG 1.005

The lowest hopped of our range is Mexican Cerveza (it contains a pure hop aroma that doesn't quite match Carlton Dry). You could add 500g of Light Dry Malt and 300g of Sugar mixed to 23 litres and ferment at 15C with a Premium Lager yeast (as well as the yeast sachet supplied). Once again, like the Harp Lager thread, if you can't get the ferment temp down to 15C it will struggle to produce a clean (meaning minimal fruity esters) enough ferment.

Archived