Coopers Community

met the local homebrew guy

Well i just met the owner at the local produce store....who is also the local homebrew store....sells coopers cans and other brands.....he is a nice bloke and not full of crap so im quite pleased i bothered to go meet him.

hes also a kit brewer and more than happy to have a yarn....so things are getting a lil better each day .on further meetings hes a good bloke all round...with his OS series cans he supplies the dextrose free and is reasonable on most supplies etc and hes a full on brewer not just a kit brewer like me. so all in all hes worth supporting i feel.....

He sounds like a keeper!

My 'local' homebrew store is a healthfood store about 30 miles away, have about 4 kits and one type of DME.[annoyed]

On the bright side, they have coriander seeds...[lol]

So my real LHBS guy is a faceless warehouse monkey on the other side of the internet, but i still love him and the occasional gift bottle opener or fridge magnet he throws into the box [biggrin]

Also, I see Kevin (I'm not sure if that's his name or if I just assigned him that name) the delivery guy more than I see my family - and half my friends.

I should invite him in for beer and cake... [lol]

He sounds like a keeper!

My 'local' homebrew store is a healthfood store about 30 miles away, have about 4 kits and one type of DME.[annoyed]

On the bright side, they have coriander seeds...[lol]

So my real LHBS guy is a faceless warehouse monkey on the other side of the internet, but i still love him and the occasional gift bottle opener or fridge magnet he throws into the box [biggrin]

Also, I see Kevin (I'm not sure if that's his name or if I just assigned him that name) the delivery guy more than I see my family - and half my friends.

I should invite him in for beer and cake... [lol]

haha yes get Kevin in on the grog lol i would !!! yes i feel lucky really seeing i used to just shop at the supermarket, at least now i got a real person to chat to and to top it off i got you lot of nutcases to mingle with...lifes going not too bad...except i keep running out of beer lol

mind you i now have two 60 litre tubs ready one 30 litre and another 30 litre on the way from LHBS. and just to bragg but the missus was the one that suggested the other single fv lol.[love] just going to do a double batch of coopers draught tonite[biggrin] . ive found one thing my 8 yrs of rough as guts brewing did makes me tend to prefer coopers draught these days instead of the real ale. but i made my first batch of real ale with proper brewing sugar as a mark of respect for the past lol

my local homebrew bloke just keeps getting better and better......if you ever get to Ulladulla be sure to look him up......its a produce store but hes a well liked and known brewer himself named mark....im not getting paid i just like to mention good people when i can

Hi Ned.

my local homebrew bloke just keeps getting better and better......if you ever get to Ulladulla be sure to look him up......its a produce store but hes a well liked and known brewer himself named mark....im not getting paid i just like to mention good people when i can

It's nice when you have someone at your brew shop that you get along with & can trust. I have a guy like that at one of the brew shops I visit. By chance does he have any brew samples on offer there for tasting purposes?

If not, maybe a simple nudge from 'The Nedg' might be all he needs. [biggrin]

Anthony.

Hi Ned.

It's nice when you have someone at your brew shop that you get along with & can trust. I have a guy like that at one of the brew shops I visit. By chance does he have any brew samples on offer there for tasting purposes?

If not, maybe a simple nudge from 'The Nedg' might be all he needs. [biggrin]

Anthony.

i must ask[biggrin] but i suspect no because hes flat out with the produce side of things also...i might try and get him to bring me in a bottle of what he does though.....good idea lusty

[biggrin]

I don't even know where Ulladulla is Ned.

To me it sounds like something Axel from Streets of Rage 2 says when he beats up punks

haha its an amazing place.......we like to keep victorians out of it lol but your more than welcome anyhow.[biggrin] sorry bout the late answer to your comment...i miss half of whats on here lol cheers mate[biggrin] p.p.s ive never heard of Streets of Rage either but im gunna look it up lol

Archived