Coopers Community

fault code for wh7016c WILLHI tempurature controller

phAT YAK

I currently use the mentioned controller for use with my brew belt as it is only a single phase controller meaning it with only heat when set to H and only cool when set to C, THE PROBLEM IS TODAY IT DECIDED TO THROW UP A FAULT CODE READING 'EEEE' and this is not mentioned in the manual and I can not find it anywhere on the net either. Has anyone else used this model or simular and came across this problem.

Sorry Yak,Can't answer your quest. But to help the thread how do Temp Controller acutally work on a fridge, because i won't to get one & do the temp control instead of leaving it up to the elements.Sorry if this is a dumb quest.[innocent]

Not a dumb question Ash.

The controller is a separate thermostat for the fridge. The best one to get is a dual control one that controls both cooling and heating.

Essentially you plug the fridge and a heating source into the temp controller. The temp controller will have a probe which reads the temperature. If the temp is too hot, the controller will switch the fridge on to cool it. If the temp is too cold, the controller will switch the heat source on to warm it up.

I find that the insulation of a fridge maintains the temp in the fridge really well so the fridge and heat source only click on occasionally. Depends where you keep the fridge though.

And sorry Yak, I can't help you with your problem.

All is good now, I had a hunch to look at the instructions for my stc-1000's and found that the same error code is displayed when the sensor probe is not making proper contact with the jacks on the unit. I decided that if I was going to open her up for surgery that I would have to rewire her whole central nervous system[lol]. And Ash do yourself a huge favour and get hold of a spare fridge , temp controller and heatbelt/heatpad. I myself have a few of each item and cant imagine brewing without them now[biggrin] just would feel to primative to be cooking with fire if you have gas on hand[cool]

I had the same problem when hooking up the stc-1000 and it just didnt click to me when the WILLHI unit spat it, that it was the same issue. I emailed the seller and explained that it left my brew in jeapardy even though I had a spare to back it up, They where happy to mail another one free of charge from China[biggrin] and not only that they have upgraded it to the dual temperature stc-1000 unit, double[biggrin]

Archived