Coopers Community

Two more.....

Martyn

.....migrants here permanently. Our visa was granted on Monday April 4th, 2 weeks after the application was submitted. My lovely wife has been sponsored by Sugar and Spice cakes on Goodwood Road, so if anyone needs a birthday, wedding cake pop down to see the helpful Heath and Amanda and they'll sort you out. The cakes are amazing.

It's great to finally be here permanently, no more student visa and 20 hours work a week limitation.

Happy homebrewing everyone, I'll be sinking a couple or ten this evening.

Martyn.

Originally from a place called Ashton-Under-Lyne, east of Manchester. Been here 3 years. Amazed it all went through so quick, the visa agent certainly earned her money. She told us 1-2 months as she had signed a document ready check list but 2 weeks is brilliant.

Off to Immigration in Adelaide tomorrow to get visa stickers in our passports, you don't have to as its all done electronically but we're both keen and we want something to show for the hard work (mainly by the good lady) put in in the last 3 years.

I'm in the same boat as you Muddy, now to get a full time job. I'm not stacking shelves at Foodland forever!

Cheers gents, bottoms up!

Martyn.

[lol] I guess I should complain about people coming to our country and stealing our jobs [lol]

Yes - do the get the stickers in your passport as the E-Visa doesn't always work. My wife and I got held up getting out of Thailand the other day because they didn't believe she had the necessary visa in her passport to come back to Australia (we never got around to getting the sticker - will do now though [pinched] )

Archived