Coopers Community

ALCOHOL FREE WEEK

Trusty1

Hi there

I have been drinking way to much recently,[devil] to the point I can't brew it quick enough. I am also buying the Coopers Sparkling Ale Longys as back up.

SO, I'm having an ALCOHOL FREE WEEK[alien] Anyone out there joining me? I need all the help I can get.

I might even try for some exercise as well![innocent]

Good on you Trusty [happy]

It important to have at least a couple of days every week without alcohol. If you go without alcohol for a whole week that's great. [biggrin]

(P.S. I won't be joining you)

I only drink on weekends (the boss' rules [crying] ).

I'll join you Trusty which means nothing for me until the 11th of June for me. I think I'll mark the occasion with the first sample of my Smoty Ale.

[rightful] The fridge is now locked [rightful]

good onya Fone11. does that mean you are in for the rest of this week, or a whole week from today?

thanks for the support, I'm really struggling!

Muddy - I hope your Mrs considers Friday night the weekend, FNFooty without a coldy? Almost inconceivable! And to show some solidarity comrade, I'll hold off until Monday, a whole weekend without a beer![pinched]

Muddy - I hope your Mrs considers Friday night the weekend' date=' FNFooty without a coldy? Almost inconceivable![/quote']

Friday is most definitely considered the start of the weekend at our house (My wife only works Mon-Thurs so she has to concede Friday to me [biggrin] ). I keep entertaining the thought of not having a few beers on a Friday and waiting for Saturday - but as you say - the footy is on so that doesn't happen. I can't not drink on a Sunday - because the footy is on. As for Saturday, well that is between Friday and Sunday...and the beers are already cold.[lol]

G'day Trusty,

...if it is any consolation to you...I was half way through a week off the turps when you started! I do most of my work in remote communities here in the Territory, they are dry zones so I use them as my AFD but it is normally only for a couple of nights, this was a big trip so I was out for a week!

Ross - the reasons matter not. Welcome aboard. I'm interested to see what you do in remote communities, I'll PM you.

I haven't noticed any discernable difference waking up in the morning, which is bad. As the old saying goes - if you don't drink, when you wake up in the morning, thats as good as you'll feel all day!

Maybe it just takes more than 5 nights to make a difference[alien]!

I would love to join you but I have farewell parties tonight, wed and going on a 2 week holiday (not much drinking involved on holiday due to most of it's driving). Although I drink once a week due to the alcohol restrictions in our community

I haven't noticed any discernable difference waking up in the morning' date=' which is bad.[/quote']

I was off ths piss for 6 months in 2008. I never felt any better or worse the whole time...[bandit]

well thats terrific, means one week will do then[biggrin]!

Im starting to thing some of the people on here have drinking problems [tongue]

I study all week long so i only drink on the weekends. but then again do drink alot on the weekend haha. So i think that my 5 days a week without beer is good enough right?

So my AFW is done and dusted. I had a few longies of HB sunday afternoon, and a few more Monday evening. haven't had any since and I feel terrible.

That is the last time I go a week with a beer!

Paul - How do I get a start with you? I have a big problem, does that mean I would get paid more?

good work mud, I'm proud of ya.

I'll get to taste my SMOTY for the first time tomorrow

get ready to get hit in the face with a fist full of bitters! I tried one of mine Sunday, it was undercarbonated and bitter as all buggri[devil] .

I'm not saying it was bad[innocent]

some more time in the bottle will be fantastic.

Well Smoty me sideways [sideways] Just had my first taste of my SMOTY! Bloody good stuff. I didn't find it overly bitter Trusty - I'm impressed (and I'm not really a dark ale drinker).

Cheers PB2 - A very nice drop indeed!

Anyway, no time to wax lyrical about how good it is I have to go watch Manly crush the Titans.

Happy Friday to one and all [biggrin]

Archived