Coopers Community

Melanie Cooper, the baroness of beer

Tricky

Coopers Brewery has appointed its first female director in its 147-year history - fifth-generation family member Melanie Cooper, 48. Ms Cooper replaces her father, Bill, 76, on Coopers' five-member board. Ms Cooper said the brewer encouraged women to join its business.

Ms Cooper has been a trailblazer since joining the company as a chartered accountant in 1985 \u2013 pushing through a change in the brewer's name from Cooper & Sons to Coopers Brewery.

She was Coopers' company secretary until 1993 before taking a break to have children and returned as an accountant in 2002.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... public_rss

0,,7085230,00.jpg

Bill Cooper with daughter Melanie

You have your finger on the pulse, Tricky! :)

Yes, staff were told of the news a couple of weeks ago and everyone has congratulated Mel. But now that the article is out we get to razz her a bit with comments like "Morning Baroness" and bowing in her presence and other childish behaviour. She's a bit embarrassed :lol:

good on her!

I seen people hitting golf balls on the front lwans of cooppers once when i was driving past a couple of years back. Do you guys have a golf course out the front for lunch breaks? or for when the Coopers are doing bussines deals?

It seems as if the people at Coopers play golf when they have a break from drinking beer.

:) :) :) :)

Some people really have it tough you know... what a lot of pressure to work under.

Yeah, it sounds like it will be good to have Mel on-board full time.

Will pass your words on to Mel.

Yes, a few of us get out and have a whack! Most get out on Friday arvo.

I try to get out after work a couple of times a week - working on some major swing and posture changes. Has done nothing for the handicap thus far :cry:

There are 3 holes, two par 3s and a par 4. Greens are the same sort of runner grass as the fairways but they are manicured like bowling greens - our groundsman (Steve) is a "Turf Man" with a wealth of experience. Maximum club allowed is a 6 iron, in an attempt to keep stray balls from going on to Regency Road.

First: about 130m with a bunker front left of the green

Second: about 90m

Third: about 195m

So par for the course is 10 and the course record is 7! Nobody has had a hole-in-one as yet.

LMAO!

i thought josh was being a dill when he said "have you got a golf course?"

i play about 4 times a year (although i love it)......i have this weekend off n trying to get a group going, but everyones got "kids footy presentations" or cricket etc

my old man (77 years old), got his first hole in one a coupla months ago on a 120m par three.......he used a 5 wood but hey, a hole in one is a hole in one!!

cheers all, going to make some calls for golfing buddies!!

matt

Archived