Coopers Community

Stolen chair

Beer Goggles

How's this for rough. I went to a party taking my prized coopers folding chair that I had loved unconditionally for about 6 or 7 years, it's a bit busted up but it's great. At the end of the night I grabbed the folded up chair that had been put back in the bag and headed home. Next time I took my baby from it's bag.... it had been replaced with a cheap shiity chair from Big W or something!!! Someone had stolen my prized posession, I was mortified! I have since replaced the chair with the new scripted chairs now available but it's no the same. :(

Unfortunately the new $50 chair is smaller, only has one drink holder and appears to be of cheaper quality :( Do you think the theft of the old girl is worth reporting to the police? It broke my heart. :(

• 1 month later...

More expensive, cheaper quality, and less features is all the rage with Coopers' merchandising these days mate. What happened? Someone needs a major kick up the bronze.

Take your chair to the brewery, and trudge around until they swap it with one they have in some dusty old shed somewhere. There has to be some dilapidated old style chair around there somewhere, surely.

First, to clear up a couple of things:

I've never been happier, actually. My little girl is growing quickly, 5 months old now and goo-ing and gaa-ing, an absolute joy. :D

Also, she's 6th Generation Australian, which makes me 5th generation Australian mate, so stick that in yer pipe and smoke it! ;)

Pom.. pheh.. my ancestors were irish, scottish, and german.

So, there's just a couple of things re: Coopers that have been bugging me.

Club membership vs value for money is one of them.

While much of the merchandise is great (clothing, top notch!), some of it really sucks and is a shadow of its former self... and there's nothing for big bastards either.

Basically, if Paul had his own club, I'd be a part of that and the rest of it could get stuffed. I originally signed up as a 'Homebrew' member, but membership is not heterogeneous, it turns out. Homebrew and regular members are just piled together - and we have completely different expectations, I think (I do)!

I'm in it for the homebrew, and as such I've probably learnt as much as I can because there isn't anything targeted specifically towards me in the club other than PB2 columns in the newsletter. This is disappointing, because there are thousands of homebrewers, and now microbrewers out there who started off with Coopers' kits.

cya,

Kieran

Hi Kieran,

I understand your frustration. The Club is currently going thorugh a small rebrand (nothing major - so please no one panic) every member will soon get a letter explaining what we are doing with the club.

Part of this rebrand is designed to give members more value for money with exclusive offers and competitions and extra things. We are also looking at the newsletter and how it is produced to ensure it has more of a national focus not just a focus on SA

This is all in the starting phase, but we will keep all members updated with any changes

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for coming out and saying that. One of the benefits of club membership should be that we, on here, should be getting 'from the horses mouth' type Blog information from people involved in the regular running of the club, things that are going on behind the scenes.. and also stuff that's going on at coopers. More nitty gritty than the odd quarterly newsletter announcements. Management could obviously have control over what information is passed on, in case some sensitive info which could harm their competitive advantage got out.. but really a perfect example of such info is exactly what you've just posted above. "We're going to reshape the club, its early days yet, but we're considering x, y, and z.. but we're not sure yet"

Wonderful, at least there's something there that makes us feel like membership actually encompasses something that is non materialistic, and meaningful.. to me, that means so much more than getting a club pack, 10% discount on cooper's gear (and the ridiculous my rewards crap that never gets used).

cheers,

kieran

• 10 months later...

Archived