Coopers Community

WA Club Nite : only 67 days left in the year to come

JUDDEYE

Gday Coopers Club organizers ,

just read a posting from Claire and she still insists that the boys from South Oz are coming before 2005 . We may be a bit slower over here but we can count and the days left in the calendar year are rapidly evapourating ( like the beer in my pint and our patience ) . A wise old man once said " you are only as good as your word " and in Australia your word is everything . If you are not coming this year please stop telling us porky pies and getting our hopes up. You tell us the wait will be worth it so now is the time to put your money (or in this case your beer ) where your mouth is . Heres hoping , but like religion i am rapidly running out of faith .

heres hoping Juddeye (return of the )

Yes I did originally state that WA would get a Club Night before the end of 2004 - I did not lie - it was definitely scheduled for before Christmas.

However there have been a few things that I'm sure you would agree are important matters that we've had to deal with. Coopers have just launched a new beer - a midstrength called Mild Ale. It is doing so well straight away, that its all hands on deck to make sure that everyone is being looked after.

Our factory is also in full swing to ensure that Summertime is well stocked with Coopers and there are also plenty of events leading into the warmer weather that we've had to take care of. We don't have the staff of big breweries to be able to just pack up and leave it all behind - it's very hands on here - that's what makes it great.

It's not a case of WA or the Club Night coming off second best - it's just a case of making sure that when we do set the date that WA has our full attention for a fantastic night.

We're open to suggestions for venues too - so if you have any positive suggestions/feedback on an upcoming club night please add your comments.

We will hold a Club night in the first three months of the year and you'll be notified with plenty of time.

Rest assured when we finally get there that you will be spoilt. !!

Thanks for being extremely patient....I know it sounds like we keep fobbing you off, but we certainly have a lot on our plate currently and want to find the perfect time to visit WA and give you our full attention.

Just think of it like a bottle of Vintage Ale - good to drink now, but after the patient waiting - well worth the wait.

See you soon

Cheers

Claire

Sorry about sounding like a broken record Claire And Amanda but just hanging out for the upcoming club nite . Everyone else in the club that has been to one reckons they go off , so we just need a taste of the good oil in good company . Thanks for being honest about the postponed date and will try not to bust your chops anymore.

Andy , i live in Scarborough North of the river and my local watering hole is the Stamford Arms . It has Coopers Pale Ale and Coopers Sparkling Ale on Tap. Heres hoping to catch up with you and the rest of the Coopers Sandgropers for a quiet pint of two or three .

Juddeye ( return of the ) :D

p.s Andy any other pubs in perth with Coopers on tap ????

hey juddeye

yeh had a few there myself, i live in churchlands, only 5-10 mins away from scarbs. Found coopers pale at the paddo in mt. hawthorn, sparkling ale at subi hotel as well as at the ocean beach hotel in cott. Also seen sparkling at a food court next door to the sail & anchor down freo. Alot of pubs also have it in stubbies but at $5 to $6 for a bottle is expensive. I have lived here for almost 3 years and have only ever tried half a local beer. It can get pretty tough, but if i am at a pub that doesnt sell coopers i dont drink, and have a few soft drinks. If ya ever looking for someone to have a few coopers with let me know.

Andy

Hmm, spot the mistake inb the thread above by Claire from Coopers Brewery ...

Our factory is also in full swing to ensure that Summertime is well stocked with Coopers

... or is that Claire from Cooper's Factory?

William,

I think you'll find it's not actually a mistake.

Just because the brewery is a brewery, doesn't mean it's not also a factory.

Straight from the Oxford dictionary:

factory \x95 noun (pl. factories) a building where goods are manufactured or assembled chiefly by machine. \x97 ORIGIN Latin factorium \x91oil press\x92

brewery \x95 noun (pl. breweries) a place where beer is made commercially.

So yes Coopers is a brewery but yes it's also a factory.....the word factory just doesn't sound as nice I agree.

Cheers

Claire

Archived