Coopers Community

2 Quest.

ash

Hi Boys,It's been awhile since I posted but have been checking in every now & then to learn something from you Brewmasters.But I need a little help so the 2 Quest.I have at any given time 3 F.V.s going I beging to think I have 1 to many anyway I brew a lot of Coops Mild as per PB2 recipe + 1 or 2 extra hops (my meaga swill)which I put into Pet bottles no prob with these because they are knocked off fairly quickly.But I also put down a recipe I find which I think is worth a try in 1 or maybe 2 of the F.V.s these I will put down in as much glass bottles as I can & the rest goes in Pets because these are a little special they don't get drunk as quickly,like tonight i'am drinking a Pills which was bottled on the 6/8/12 in a Pet it is as flat as a dead dingos donga it's not just the Pills it seems to happen to a lot of wan't of a better word aged beers in Pets.So Q1 is how long do u think beer can keep in Pets before they go flat?.Q2 I have a video of 1 of my brew going of it's face looks like it's sitting on top of a hot ring burner,how can I post it on here to show u it is very dramatic I showed the local brew shop lad he has never seen anything like it,i don't know why,i'am a week of trying it so fingers crossed.Hope you boys can respond & happy brewing to u all

Welcome back Ash.

Q1 - how long have you kept these in the bottles? I have had beer in PETs for well over 12 months with no carbonation problems. Not sure what the limit is though.

Q2 - I can't help you with this. Perhaps one of the computer nerds around here can help you out [biggrin]

Hi Hairy,Seems to me that 6 mths is getting a little dodgy & it's not only 1 style of beer but a lot of others, the ones in glass are fine,theirs nothing wrong with the taste(the ones in PETs)Ihave also noticed that they are a lot darker then the same brew in glass.

Sorry mate, I can't help.

My experience with PETs are completely different to yours, although I don't bottle in glass so I haven't done a comparison.

Just had a thought where they where kept got pretty hot during summer so it could be a Temp thing

Archived