Coopers Community

Should I mix the settlement in before bottling?

DylanC5

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone mixes the settlement in before bottling? When I did my Pale Ale the last couple tasted much better than the others because there was a bit in the bottles. So I was thinking I might be better off to mix it up so I can get it in every bottle giving it a more yeasty taste like the store brought Pale Ale.

Also my first brew was a complete success, a few friends didn't even notice they were drinking home brew not Coopers. [ninja]

Cheers.

Did you drink the last few at a later date than the first cleaner bottles? I find the last beers always taste better because they're slightly older.

Nope, it was at week 3 like most of the others I drank.

I think my next Coopers Pale Ale will be done with some reactivated yeast.

Also why is it a bad idea? I thought it was be easier than reactivating yeast but giving it the same type of flavour.

Everyone's taste is different. If that is what you like then there is no reason why you can't do it. It is your brew and you can drink it however way you want. Personally I wouldn't and I honestly do not know anyone who would. As previously mentioned, there is enough in the bottles anyway.

If this is what you like then I'd suggest bottling as one would usually then when you want a drink just invert the bottles a few times about half hour or so before you drink them.

I wouldn't stir in the trub but sometimes I want sediment in the bottle (eg for wheetbeer) and I bottle my beer as soon as FG is reached and stable for 3 days.

It just gives it no time to settle and clear in the FV, leaving it for the bottle.

Pros:

- you'll have your beer brewed and bottled within a few days

- you'll keep the sediment you want while leaving the mess behind

Cons:

- it takes a bit more attention and messing with the hydrometer

Archived