Coopers Community

I am back for good now :)

I made 24 litres however for some reason it got infected prior to bottling I am thinking it might of been the honey not sure hasn't happened since I will be making it again but for new years [biggrin] I also slightly upped the does of star san a little as I am very clean and sanitize like crazy was dissapointed

I also slightly upped the does of star san a little as I am very clean and sanitize like crazy was dissapointed

Assuming you mean that you made a stronger dose of Starsan... Correct me if I am wrong but I just wanted to put it out there that by making a stronger dose actually makes it not perform as well and I believe it is not recommended to do and still use as a no rinse sanitiser. [rightful]

1.5 ml per litre is the right dosage and I wouldn't think an extra 1/2 ml in 4 litres would hurt. However, I am not an expert on it but would guess that should be ok. [alien]

I use a syringe available from the chemist. A lot easier than measuring in med cups imo.

Apart from measuring Starsan, Syringes have a few good uses in my brewery.

eg. help clean my taps, can put a head on a stout if need be, shoot the kids with water when they get too close to the hot urn/kettle.

Archived