Coopers Community

I seem to have missed somthing

PETERL23

[smile] HI to you all my name is pete,Ive been reading some of the info here and have learned alot just by doing so, seems that ive been doing things a bit wrong. I leave my beer for at least 2-3 weeks in the bottle even longer now days (built up my stock)but i only put it in the fridge the day im going drink it, or no more than 2 days before am i doing it wrong, ive always heard that home brew over carbanates if you leave it in the fridge to long so this leaves me woundering, as i heard the fridge thing many moons ago

[unsure] any input would be a help thanks Pete.

[smile] HI to you all my name is pete,Ive been reading some of the info here and have learned alot just by doing so, seems that ive been doing things a bit wrong. I leave my beer for at least 2-3 weeks in the bottle even longer now days (built up my stock)but i only put it in the fridge the day im going drink it, or no more than 2 days before am i doing it wrong, ive always heard that home brew over carbanates if you leave it in the fridge to long so this leaves me woundering, as i heard the fridge thing many moons ago

[unsure] any input would be a help thanks Pete.

Hi Pete,Yeah i'am with you i have seen the posts about time in fridge,don't really understand where they are coming from,i've goon from drinkin my brews after 2 weeks to drinkin after 4 weeks now i have to put them in a fridge for a week.What do we have to do get more fridges or go back to BWS & BUY A CARTOON OF SWILL.[bandit] [bandit] [bandit]

There is no need to keep your beer in the fridge, but there is nothing wrong with doing it either.

I often put beer in the fridge in the morning to drink that night. I just make sure I don't shake the bottle on the way to the fridge so that I don't stir up the sediment.

Also, home brew won't over carbonate in the fridge. The amount of priming sugar used will impact the carbonation. When cool, the gas will, to some extent, dissolve back into the liquid but it won't cause a gusher when pouring. I find that warm beer causes greater foaming.

Thanks for the info,on the ocassions that ive had beer in the fridge for longer than 3 days, it seem to loose some of its taste is this my imagination or is this true.

While im here another thing has me stumped, can anyone explain bulk priming, so far as i can workout brew is moved to another fementer than primed with sugar, then bottled is this how its done.[roll]

Thanks ASH good to know its not just me,and many thanks HAIRY for taking the time to answer.

Not sure about losing flavour in the fridge. It definitely lacks flavour if you serve it too cold.

You nailed the bulk priming. You generally dissolve dextrose in boiled water and add to the empty FV. Then transfer the beer on top of it and then bottle.

There are many calculators on the net for working out the amount of priming sugar to use.

Archived